Our Children MN, the organization working to inform Minnesotans of the state’s education gaps and to build support to pass the Page Amendment, is seeking a part-time, paid intern for August – December 2021, with the opportunity to continue into January 2022. The position is remote. An Our Children MN intern will have the opportunity to work on coalition building, lobbying and communications projects. This position reports directly to Nevada Littlewolf, Our Children MN campaign manager and executive director.
Hours: 10 – 20 hours/week
- Assist on all aspects of the campaign to
- Engage existing and potential Page Partners
- Work with the communications team to write short and long-form materials, including press releases, social media, op-eds/LTEs, etc.
- Work with the communications team to track social media and look for opportunities
- Help organize coalitions lists and use the campaign CRM
- Help build and run coalitions events
- Most events will be virtual but some may be in-person, campaign will follow latest state, local and CDC health guidelines when determining logistics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic design skills
- Capacity to effectively manage evolving priorities
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to respond to needs outside of normal work hours or on a shorter timeline
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nevada Littlewolf via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.