The Page Amendment Week of Action is March 22 – 26!
Following a successful hearing at the House Education Policy Committee, the campaign’s official statewide education and advocacy week kicks of on Monday, March 22. Week of Action is for Minnesotans to learn more about the amendment through a series of educational events, and then connect with local lawmakers and share why they support quality public education for all Minnesotans.
Learn more about the public events for next week below!
Monday, March 22: Kick-Off + Youth Voices Panel
- 12 – 1 pm CST: Celebrate the kick-off with messages from Page Partners, including Justice Alan Page, chief author Representative Hodan Hassan, co-author Representative Ron Kresha, and more! We will also announce an expansion of the Our Children MN Board of Directors.
- 4:30 – 6 pm CST: Listen in on a virtual panel with Minnesota youth, including students from Bridgemakers, People for PSEO, and Young Women’s Initiative, and legislators. At the event, the campaign will also unveil amendment-themed spoken word art from local poet Michael Kleber-Diggs!
Tuesday, March 23: Page Amendment Community Conversation
- 6 – 7 pm CST: Hosted by the Minneapolis Fed, join Justice Alan Page, Fed President Neel Kashkari, and members of the Fridley, Mahtomedi, Roseville, and Mounds View school boards for an information session and community conversation on the Page Amendment.
Wednesday, March 24: League of Women Voters Conversation
- 6 -7 PM CST: Hosted by the Park Rapids League of Women Voters, this information session is free and open to the public. Justice Alan Page and Fed President Neel Kashkari will speak about the Page Amendment. Register here.
Thursday, March 25: Community Lobby Day
- Take a break from attending public events and advocate for the Page Amendment from your couch! Help us encourage members of the House of Representatives to hold hearings on the amendment. There are three easy ways to encourage representatives to support the amendment: send an email, write a Tweet, or make a phone call. Follow this link to our online advocacy campaign, enter your information and press “send”.
Friday, March 26: Business Case for Quality Public Education
- 12 – 1 pm CST: Learn about the business case for quality public education during an event with Brian Murray, CEO of Ryan Companies, Sondra Samuels, CEO of the Northside Achievement Zone, Representative Tony Albright, Mike McFadden, Our Children MN Board Member, and representatives from the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Register here.