For Immediate Release
March 1, 2021
Contact: Samantha Hanson
ICYMI: Column by Our Children MN Board Members in Pioneer Press Highlights Need for Page Amendment
“Page Amendment is a radically different approach to solve our worst-in-the-nation education gap.”
ST. PAUL, MINN. – Yesterday, the Pioneer Press published an opinion editorial written by Our Children MN board members Mike McFadden, Michael Ciresi and Louis King about the Page Amendment as the radically different education policy that Minnesotans need.
State legislators and many Minnesotans have heard of Minnesota’s worst-in-the-nation education gaps. The gaps have gone untouched and unclosed despite this common knowledge. To make progress toward a political solution to address education gaps, a radically different approach to education policy, Minnesota must pass the Page Amendment, which is designed to circumvent the partisan gridlock that has derailed progress.
See highlights from the op-ed:
- “Education gaps are a moral stain on the state of Minnesota, so why do the gaps go untouched and unclosed? Politics.”
- “It can no longer be about what one party wants; it needs to be about what the people of Minnesota want. We want to stop losing generation after generation of Minnesota children to a political system that refuses to solve our education crisis.”
- “The Page Amendment is a radically different approach to education policy that is designed to circumvent the partisan gridlock that has derailed progress.”
- “In the current and intensely partisan political environment, the Page Amendment is unique because it is more than an education policy, it is a values statement. It unites Minnesotans across partisan and geographical divides, centering around a common value: that every child deserves a right to access quality public education.”
- “We all wish for a better future for our children. We can make that future together.”
McFadden is a businessman and former Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate for the state of Minnesota. Ciresi is a partner at Ciresi Conlin LLP and co-founded the Ciresi Walburn Foundation. King serves as president and CEO of Summit Academy OIC and is a U.S. Army veteran.
Our Children MN is a bipartisan coalition working to inform Minnesotans of our state’s education gaps and to build support to pass the Page Amendment. Read the full opinion editorial here. Learn more information about the Page Amendment at www.pageamendmentmn.com.